
Tonight Andrea and I met up at the Park Strip and proudly sported the pink as we played a little bike polo. Notice I said a little, not a lot. Either way, we went, w
e played, we did so in pink...and in a skirt! Also, there was this guy who made a derogatory and sexist remark as I was on the field, saying "...and she's a girl!" Well, karma sucks, Mr. "I'm so tough I wear chin guards while the "girls" play in skirts". So, after the game tough guy had to go count his pennies for new components, while Andrea and I enjoyed free mojitos at S&S thanks to our fabulous bike style;)
e played, we did so in pink...and in a skirt! Also, there was this guy who made a derogatory and sexist remark as I was on the field, saying "...and she's a girl!" Well, karma sucks, Mr. "I'm so tough I wear chin guards while the "girls" play in skirts". So, after the game tough guy had to go count his pennies for new components, while Andrea and I enjoyed free mojitos at S&S thanks to our fabulous bike style;)
4 comments:
Tapia! Very kind of you not to shatter any fragile male egos! The can break into a zillion little slivers and take ALL AFTERNOON to try and pick up. I love your blog site and the pictures are great. So, I finally get to see Mabel. She's lovely and looks like a great companion for the trip. Keep me posted!
Who are you OBM?
Melanie!
I thought about you this morning on my ride in to work. I rode slowly, savoring the sunlight and listening to the birds on the lagoon. When you finally get out on the road and transition from planning to riding, you'll fall into that zone where your body's rhythmic motion frees your mind and you're free...you'll be fine, fine, fine! now...for my motherly advice...floss, take your vitamins, and always wear clean...socks.
Post a Comment