Friday, June 6, 2008

The new and improved plan!

Uh, yah...a little down in the last posting. Thinking things have looked up. I have a new plan. Plans are very fluid things if you use them correctly. I am still in Yakima. Headed for Moscow today or tomorrow on four wheels. Marc's Mom has offered to drive me there and I think she deserves sainthood in cycling heaven. She has been so tolerant of my ridiculously frequent plan changes and she is wonderful company. Nic was so right when he said I would see where Marc got his personality from when I met Gail. Anyhoo, taking a Greyhound out of Moscow to Rapid City, South Dakota. This means Mabel will have to be boxed up again...ugh. Whatever. Will visit Anna in SD...Yeah! The intention at that point is to leave Rapid City pedaling. It is, I hear, flat-ish there. I really want to bicycle through farm country and around the lakes. I will still be stopping in Michigan and Ohio and ending in NY. This all sounds good so far. I like this plan. I will enjoy seeing the Rockies whiz by and then savoring the lakes and farms:) Thanks to everyone that talked me out of my deep funk and my desire to throw Mabel into oncoming traffic. Mabel will make it home in one piece and be the fabulous urban mobile she was before...and maybe with flowery panniers.

4 comments:

ajdesmet said...

i know from experience.... not personal but second hand.... the bus takes forever..... need be i will come as far as billings to get ya (or any five hour-ish radius) and us gals will have ourselves a lovely half day road trip. you just tell me when and where...... good luck. love you. call me.

ReaderWriter said...

Wow! You are having a great adventure, but it sounds like it started out pretty rocky. I have to agree that psychologists do make really interesting conversationalists. Sometimes I think that's why they're in the trade that they are...they get paid for talking to people. wait. maybe they get paid for listening to people...or is that bartenders? I'm sending you lots of virtual hugs...just to borrow. I'll be expecting them back when you return home.

farmer mama said...

Hey Sorry about all the flats, hills, lamos, etc! Computer was down due to wicked electrical storm, its crazy hot here 95 w/ 210% humidity....bleh. Come whenever you can! SOLSTICE!!!! NJ is about 6 hours close to NYC....cant wait to see you ride or hitch up the road. Good luck!

mjinMI said...

Tapia,
I remember when I ventured out to Idaho--I could barely breathe the elevation- those damn hills this poor flat lander was in tough shape. Just think when you get to MI it will be smooth sailing. Keep on truckin' if you need anything just call.