Wednesday, June 4, 2008

There's a first time for everything!

Today a man, who must be very unhappy and have plenty of time to sit around thinking about how unhappy he is and how unhappy it makes him that other people are happy, ran me off the road. I was running errands in Yakima, just cruising in my skirt along a car-width shoulder and this jerk makes a u-turn and drives the shoulder until he's right on my butt and I steer into the field. He then proceeded to drive the shoulder for another 1/4 mile or so. He intentionally came after me. I grabbed the cell phone and dialed 911 with his license info and car description and they were totally not interested. The lady didn't even ask if I was ok or if any damage was done to my bicycle. But she knows my birthdate...I guess that's important.

2 comments:

ajdesmet said...

you've got to be kidding me....... "what's your birthday" instead of "are you injured"...... why can't people just wallow in thier own misery rather than take it out on random bikers around town? glad you are okay my dear........

Tapia said...

Yup. 911 sucks. She didn't even ask if I was ok. No love for cyclists:( Thanks for your support!!!