Damn! Every time I find a bicycle that just screams sexy commuter to me...something goes wrong. A couple days ago it was that Andrea's free, snazzy Miata was too tall. Yesterday they only had plaster grey instead of "little black dress." Today it was that the Lemond was too short in the reach thanks to my reverse proportions. This is like looking for the right pair of jeans. Sure, comfort is the most important factor, as is performance and price. But, seriously, what's with everyone designing ugly bikes? I just want some classy little ride that will look fabulous with a basket and maybe some bling or pink. Is this so much to ask?
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Talk about a fashion crisis!
Damn! Every time I find a bicycle that just screams sexy commuter to me...something goes wrong. A couple days ago it was that Andrea's free, snazzy Miata was too tall. Yesterday they only had plaster grey instead of "little black dress." Today it was that the Lemond was too short in the reach thanks to my reverse proportions. This is like looking for the right pair of jeans. Sure, comfort is the most important factor, as is performance and price. But, seriously, what's with everyone designing ugly bikes? I just want some classy little ride that will look fabulous with a basket and maybe some bling or pink. Is this so much to ask?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi There!
I've been away for a while and missed out on checking in to see how you are. It sounds like your wonderful sense of humor is returning! I read through the trip blogs and saw a strong similarity to your trip and my parenting: NOTHING ever goes the way you expected it to. At best, it's a bootcamp for crisis management and learning how to laugh through tears. This is where a really good microbrew can save the day. It wasn't a failed dream. I can't believe that you would ever have any of those. But, it could become one of the more amazing stories you'll tell your kids that will make them see what kind of gusty, amazing, adventuresome, resiliant, tough lady you truly are..plus you are fabulous in PINK!!! I'm sending you a hug, but it's just a loaner, so you'll have to return it at some point. me (melanie)
Post a Comment