Thursday, August 14, 2008

Back in the saddle!

Ah...just like the good ol' days. Yesterday a municipal dump truck nearly ran me over at an intersection. Tonight some angry, young, soldier in an SUV yelled at me to "Get a f***ing car, B**ch!" as he blocked me at an intersection where I had the right of way. Now, maybe it's just me, but a soldier telling me to get a car made even less sense than any other yayhoo telling me to get a car. Seriously, this guy's fellow soldiers have died by the thousands in a war I still believe is largely based in oil. What was he thinking???

Whatever. The ride to and from work was fabulous the last couple days. I bought my friend's Soma Double Cross and now I am in heaven. She's a delicous steel frame cross bicycle with a carbon fork and STIs. And, she is one sexy bicycle. It's everything I've been looking for and the fit is terrific. Thanks, friend!

So, now I am happy as a clam and loving the commute. I am excited to start classes again, move into our new home, and rally this evening gown of bicycles all over town!

No comments: